Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dear Longhorns,

What?

I truly hate when people say, "Stop whining, a win's a win." That is NOT always the case! And if you people thought in terms of big picture, you'd already know that!

Case and point: the 2009 Texas Longhorn

Oh yea, I went there. I spent most of my Saturdays last fall complaining about an incomplete team. Our defense outplayed the offense last year. My dis was that it was always one side or the other than won our games. My friends can attest to my key sentence: "We can't win a National Title playing this way."

I said it week one, I said it mid-season, I said it when we eked by Nebraska.

Did anyone listen? No. And the result? I don't wanna talk about it.

THIS YEAR...

I understand that this current Longhorn football team is a transition team. I get that.

It doesn't make it any easier to swallow.

Have you watched our last 3 games? Lackluster is really the only word I can use to describe what I've seen on the field. Gilbert is young, and fairly inexperienced. He's got a lot of mental aging to do in order to lead us to the top. Can he do it? Yes. Will I have to wait three years to see it? No. Will it happen this year? Not likely.

By no means am I abandoning my Horns. A National Title? Forget it. I've even taken the 4 major BCS bowls out of my sights. Will we get to a bowl game this year? ABSOLUTELY.

But we have got a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment