Friday, August 31, 2012

August Completed!

AUGUST 2012 - Month 3 : Progression
#OperationSweatySummer

SUNDAY
MONDAY
TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY
FRIDAY
SATURDAY







 1

Fit Test

DONE!


 2

REST DAY
 3

CC 1-5:1

400 Rep Challenge

Can I beat my last time of 14:48?

DONE!

Finished in 14:18... with an extra round!

 4

CC 1-5:1

400 Rep Challenge

Did the wrong moves yesterday, so I did this one again!

Finished 4 rounds in 11:12!!! 3:36 faster!

 5
 6

CC 1-5:1

Tighten It Up

DONE!

results

 7

CC 1-5:1

ZWOW #4

Can I beat my last time of 31:32.9?

DONE!

SMASHED old time, hit 26:02 this time!!!
 8

REST DAY

WOO!
 9

CC 1-5:1

Show It Off

Didn't finish routine.

I'll be doing this one again soon...
 10

CC 1-3:1

300 Rep Challenge

DONE!

results
 11

CC 1-3:1

ZWOW #16


DONE!

results
 12

REST DAY
 13

ZWOW #15

DONE!

results
 14

CC 1-3:1

Bikini Bunny Workout

DONE!

results
 16

CC 1-3:1

Custom Routine

DONE!

results

 18

REST DAY
 19


SICK DAY
=(
 20

CC 1-3:1

Do It Like You Workout
DONE!
 21

CC 1-3:2

Stronger

Can I beat my last scores?

DONE!

results (and yes, I beat some scores!)
 22

CC 1-3:2
  
Soon or Never

DONE!

results
 24

REST DAY

75lbs LOST!

 25

CC 1-3:2

ZWOW #19

DONE!

results
 26

REST DAY
 27

CC 1-3:2
 28

CC 1-3:2

ZWOW #20

DONE!

results

 29

REST DAY
 30

CC 1-3:2

 31


August is all about PROGRESSION! Built the exercise habit in June, focused on nutrition in July, now we're moving on to tracking strength gains. While, of course, continuing each of the previous month's lessons.

You may be wondering what the CC's above mean. Well, I'm adding some body weight exercises from the book Convict Conditioning by Paul Wade. He breaks strength down into 6 major moves (push up, squat, pull up, leg raise, bridge, and handstands). Within each major move, there are 10 steps, or progressions, if you will. Each step is more difficult than the previous, with the 10th step being the coup de grĂ¢ce of its category.

Let's be real, I'm no where near ready to do any kind of moves that involve me standing on my head... YET. So I'm not even starting on the 6th major move of handstands. Each step has its own progressions as well. The first is 1 set of 10 reps (usually), followed by 2 sets of 25 reps and finally 3 sets of 30 reps. Once you can do 3 sets of 30 reps, with perfect form, you are ready to move on to the next step.

CC 1-5:1 means I'm doing step 1, progression 1, of the first 5 major moves. After 7 days, I'm going to reassess each move and see if I'm ready to move on to progression two, and so on.

I can't believe the first two months flew by the way they did! In July, I stopped doing incline pushups, I reduced my rest time from 15 seconds down to 10 between moves, and I finally got a sandbag and started doing more weighted routines.

July produced a lot of sweat and some really great numbers on the scale. I expect a lot from August as well. I would LOVE to see more muscle definition by the end of this month. Only time and effort will tell!

DISCLAIMER
Days in red are my weigh in days. I didn't create any of the routines on this calendar. It's a combination of The Abs Diet, BodyRock.TVZuzana Light's ZWOWs, and Convict Conditioning by Paul Wade.

I am in no way, shape, form, or fashion an exercise or diet or nutrition expert. I'm simply sharing with y'all what I'm doing this summer to get in shape. I do not recommend that you attempt anything I'm doing. I do, however, suggest that if you like the routines, look into them for yourselves. And please, consult a doctor before you begin any fitness regimen.

No comments:

Post a Comment