Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Gettin' it where I can

I've picked up on lots of random chatter this week. I'll start with VY.

Vince Young - OK, VY. All us Texas folks, random fans and UT students alike, wanted you to get the Heisman in 2005. But you didn't...Reggie Bush did. As far as I'm concerned, that was the best thing that happened to our team that you. Had you won the Heisman, would we have won the National Championship in 2005? At any rate...Bush was voted the best player that year. The fact that he's been stripped of the Heisman doesn't negate that. Vince, you don't get to go around saying you deserve the trophy. What's done is done. And the fact that it's taken this long for all the usc BS to come to light, is just ridiculous. But that's a whole 'nother post.
Arian Foster - If you haven't heard his name this week, you must not watch ESPN. This dude ran for over 230 yards in the Texans season opening win over the Peyton and his Colts! It was quite a sight! While I shouldn't get too excited as it was only the first week, I can't help it. I've got high expectations from him now for the rest of the season. Will the Texans finally be worth a deep emotional investment? We are talking about Peyton Manning here. He could have a losing season and STILL be voted league MVP. And it's no secret that Indy can't stop the run game. Though credit must still be given where credit is due. And the Texans put a whoopin on the Colts this time. Our next time on the field with them will be a Monday Night Football showdown at Lucas Oil Field. Bring it!

Tennis on Twitter - What would I do without tennis bloggers? I'd be clueless, that's for sure. Thanks to all the random tweets, I know that a Canadian knocked Bartoli out of a tournament somewhere in Canadialand! It's not that I don't like Bartoli (well, I don't), but her weird technique is just off putting. It's hard to pull for someone that plays that way. Elena D has tweaked her service motion a bit, and no longer looks as much like the hands of a ticking clock. ESPN decided to televise the US Open draw this year. Brian Early sat in a room and pulled chips out of the trophy. That's nice. In Australia, for a Davis Cup draw, they used bungee jumpers to put the draw together. How do you say AWESOME in Australian?! Can't wait for the Aussie Open in a mere 17 and a half weeks!

Chelsea - Love my boys in Blue! Started off well in Champions League play today. Thank you DirecTV for offering a soccer package! And it was GREAT that ESPN2 was actually showing the Chelsea match last Saturday! It's gonna be a good year for them. Let's just hope they can keep their egos and personal lives in check. I'm lookin at you, John Terry!

Garrett Gilbert - Please don't revoke my Texas card, but I'm not impressed with our new QB. I know we're coming off the high that was the Colt McCoy/Jordan Shipley reign... I just really hate that first year with a new leader. It means you have to lower your expectations a bit, and hope to get a bowl game instead of demanding another National Title appearance. The kid's full of potential, and at 6'4" he's going to be a formidable QB. I'll have to think of this year as a momentum builder for next year, and by 2012...LOOK OUT, BCS!

Clinton Portis - Get over yourself. Not all women with a press pass are looking to hook up with players. You should try pulling your head out of your own ass, and maybe you and "Sanchize" can't win a few games this season. I'm sure I could think of a few other people like you that could use some hard knocks.

Argentina v France and USA vs Columbia - Benneteau lost his spot on the DC team for the upcoming stint vs Argentina. Guess that wrist injury is pretty serious. Can't say that I'm sad, because I want Argentina to go all the way! VIVA ARGENTINA!!! I'm definitely ready to pull out my baby blue gear and start yelling in Spanish. God Bless the Tennis Channel for showing live DC action this weekend. It's a taste to hold me over until the ATP Asian leg begins. I'm also really excited to Ryan Harrison again. I'm not familiar with Columbian tennis, but that Alejandro Falla can be difficult! I also know that altitude will be a problem for the US men because they're playing in the mts of Columbia. Should be good stuff this weekend!

MLB - Apparently lots of things happen in October in Baseball. People still watch this? Weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment