Sunday, April 10, 2011

First Tennis Tournament is Done and Dusted

5 days of live action from the River Oaks Country Club in Houston, TX for the US Men's Clay Court Championships has come to an end.

The weather was magnificent, the food was tasty, and the beer was cheap. But what won me over was how close everything, and everyone, was!

I spent 3 of those 5 days trolling the practice courts. Qualifying pics are in the previous post. For pics from days 2 and 3, check 'em out below.

But as I looked through them on my comp, I realized just how crappy they are. Oops! The next time I go to a tournament, hopefully I'll have a better camera!

Men's Clay Court Early Rounds

I got to see some good tennis! I got to meet some new people, like @RacquetRequired! I got to spend time with my Mom and later with my good friend @ConspiracySmile! I tried a new beer, enjoyed a new restaurant, picked up a new crush, added a guy's number to my phone, and met my Vitamin D quota for the month!

I've said it a bagillion times: I HAD SO MUCH FUN!

I don't have any insight into the matches that I saw. The only match I was totally bored with was Dimitrov vs Gabashvili. So we walked out, ate lunch, met some new people, and had a blast all the same!

Men's Doubles Final pics:
Doubles Final at US Men's Clay Court
Got some video of Sam Querrey, John Isner, and the Bryans talking after the match. Bad video quality, but the sounds is OK.

There had been a few 3 setters at the tourney, but I didn't get to see any! Was hoping for a knockdown, drag out final, but Ryan Sweeting supplied a nice, albeit tight, win in straight sets. Happy to see Americans winning titles!.

US Men's Clay Court Singles Final

Got some video of Kei and Ryan speaking after the final as well. It was really windy today, so, again, apologies for the quality of the video.

So glad there's a tournament in my backyard! I definitely look forward to a week of staycation tennis in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment