Tuesday, April 5, 2011

If you thought I was bad before...

...Then I've got some bad news:

I JUST GOT WORSE.

My close friends know all too well about my OCD tendencies. Working from home coupled with Twitter sprinkled with more live tennis coverage on television, my little obsession has been able to blossom into a full blown entity.

Yes, entity. Other things get moved to make way for tennis. If you've seen my tweets, or been on the receiving end of a text moving plans, you know full well what I mean.

If I were merely a crackhead before, I'm effing mainlining tennis now.

OK, let's get some things out of the way first...
- Either lots of players lie about their height, or I'm taller than I realized. Last I checked, I'm 6'1".
- Tennis balls look way bigger in person. When was the last time I actually PLAYED tennis? (Ah, some really hot summer in LA a few years ago...)
- Do tennis players eat...ever? All these people are so thin!
- Why is everyone cuter in person than they are on tv? I'm still seeing them all sweaty and flustered live, but they look...better? I blame HD for ruining people but making everything else look amazing.

I'm like the worst "tennis blogger" ever. I don't have play by play stats on who was hitting forehands to backhands in the deuce court out wide against the wind in the rain. I leave that to the "professionals."

Here are some not so good pics from qualifying day 1. I know...I know! Not much too look at. I hope to get better. I'm still in the infatuation stage. I'm too busy cheesin' and taking it all in. I want to see all the people and all the matches. And OMG isn't that Brian Earley?!?!?!?!?! Yes. I did that. I'm awesome.


Qualifying - US Men's Clay Court

No comments:

Post a Comment