Thursday, June 14, 2012

Days 13 and 14 - Walk It Out!

Here's a question for y'all...

Am I listening to my body when I cut out a 2-a-day and just do one workout? Or am I being lazy? I think it's a little of both, unfortunately. While I don't subscribe to people all up in my face trying to get me to push harder, could I really not be pushing myself enough?

Hot on the heels of yesterday's 4.5 mile walk, I hit the trail (a different trail) with my walking buddy again today and we powered through 3.36 miles. The 4.5 miler rolled it at an 18:00 min/mile. Today we pulled 18:27. I blame that extra seconds on time we wasted talking about serious things instead of giggling about Supernatural.

Lesson learned.

I was going to double up for Day 15, but I think I'll treat Day 16 as an "active rest day" instead of just doing nothing on Saturday.

Thanks for all the support, everyone! It's quiet here on the blog, but I'm getting encouragement all around me! I can't tell you how much it means to me.

Day 15 marks the halfway point of the first month of Operation Sweaty Summer. Won't lie, I felt some fatigue this week. But I'm pushing through! Haven't skipped any workout days! Looking forward to checking my progress on the 30th.

2 comments:

  1. I admire your commitment! Inspiring. I prefer an aquatic workout, easier on the joints. Shin splints are the bane of my existence.
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete