Saturday, June 30, 2012

June - Done Brung It

I survived the first 30 days of Operation Sweaty Summer!!! =D

And I've got a lot of people to thank...including you.

But first a recap..

DAY 29 - ZWOW #7

I woke up late this morning, but knew that if I didn't do my workout before my lunch with PJ, I wouldn't want to do it after I got home. ZWOW 7 was supposed to be a timed routine, going through 3 rounds as quickly as possible. But since I was pressed for time, I did 3 rounds of 50 seconds work / 15 seconds rest.

I do plan on revisiting this routine at some point in July because I'm curious as to how long it would take to do it the way it was meant to be.

The important thing is I did something. I had a reason to skip it, but I didn't cave. And I enjoyed the cheat meal that followed with ZERO guilt!

DAY 30 - Fit Test

The last day... time to revisit the original fit test! I was very conscious the entire week leading up to this NOT to look at my original scores. I did remember some numbers, but I approached this fit test with no doubt in my mind that I'd smash my old scores.

And smash I did!!! Beat my high knees by 21 reps and my switch lunges by 14!

I've made some incredible leg progress in 30 days. I've got the quads to prove it. I've learned that it's really easy for me to pick up muscle in my lower body, so I'm going to spend less time focusing on those muscles and more time on my upper body.

I've looked some before and after pics, and there are no noticeable differences. But I'm not at all discouraged because that fit test proves that I've made some progress.

As I mentioned earlier, I want to thank y'all for helping me through the first month!!! Patricia, Vicky, Kristi, Lindsey, Madhurita, Trudy, Michelle and Kimber have been my BIGGEST cheer leaders!!! There have been loads of likes, messages, phone calls, and tweets of support, and while I may have missed some names, I do read everything! For those of you who just read the blog, I can see those numbers too! And every one of those bits of encouragement and support mean a lot to me.

I can't thank y'all enough, really, I can't! There have been plenty of days where I didn't want to workout. But hearing others talk about how great they felt after Zumba or running made me suck it up and get off my lazy bum. The more y'all talk about getting healthy (and staying there), the more it makes me want to do it too! Positive peer pressure ;)

Of course, my family has been with me every step of the way too! My mom encourages me to work on getting my Serena arms, and my brother has started calling me "Swolness." My dad has even offered to buy a whole new set of weights for me! Woo!

AGAIN, I CAN'T THANK Y'ALL ENOUGH!!!

30 days are in the books, and we're heading into the next 31. July is going to be harder than June. In addition to more weight lifting being added to the calendar, the focus for July is on nutrition. Check out the July calendar here.

The original goal of Operation Sweaty Summer was to lose 20lbs by September 20th. I haven't lost any pounds yet, but I'm not ready to change my goal either. I've been in a plateau for a few months now, so it's time for a little more body shock to break out of this bad boy. Which I'm 100% confident I will do.

On to July, y'all. Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment