Friday, July 6, 2012

Week 1 Nutrition Update

From January 20, 2012 until June 29, 2012, I've been bouncing around like a pinball within the same 10 pounds. It took 15 weeks to lose 9.5 pounds... then I went on vacation and ate whatever crossed my path, including THIS bad boy. It was delicious, if you must know, and anyone who tells me the calorie count has just lost a friend!

From weeks 16 to 23, I went all the way back to the top of the decade. For every 10 pounds I call it a decade. So in those 7 weeks, I managed to get back down to **0.5. Week 23 was the last week of June, just before July started and my focus on nutrition.

I've been eating clean for a week, and at this morning's weigh in, 24 weeks after I broke through the last decade...

I finally posted a 2.5 pound loss! I'm trying not to be too excited because, as tennis fans know, it's not a break until you consolidate.

I didn't go totally strict and put myself on a calorie counting diet. I got rid of a lot of processed foods, cleaned out the fridge and loaded it up with GOOD food. This week, I've eaten a lot of raw baby spinach, whole wheat sandwich thins and whole wheat tortillas, grilled chicken, lean proteins (turkey and lean cuts of beef), beans, olive oil, avocado, and I've got my dark chocolate arsenal filled again! When I can grab 1 (yes, just ONE) Dove dark chocolate square, it really does satisfy my sweet tooth, which makes it easier to say no to full fat ice cream, cookies, cakes, and other yummy calorie bombs.

I've always been paying attention to portion sizes. Not so much on veggies, but I do pay attention to my fruit intake now. I have been known to go overboard on watermelon and grapes! Now I'm tracking fruit portions as well.

I've stopped drinking sugary drinks. I use two tablespoons of fat free creamer in my coffee each morning, but no sugar anymore (funny, it doesn't taste much different!). I've also stopped drinking diet soda and fruit juices. I just eat fruit instead. Or I'll pour two tablespoons of fruit puree into a glass of club soda.

I'm sure club soda is terrible too, but I do so love the bubbles. Club soda is the compromise I've made since I'm off diet and regular soda.

I feel great! My energy levels are steady, and I've not felt hungry or like I'm depriving myself. I've just been making better choices.

Here's to next week and hoping I can consolidate the break!

No comments:

Post a Comment