Thursday, July 12, 2012

...And Then Life Happened

One of the (many) wonderful things about Operation Sweaty Summer is that it's flexible. Because as the tile states, life happens.

Dealt with a family friend emergency on Saturday and Sunday night. And by night, I mean due to time constraints we had to work between the hours of 8pm to 6am. Talk about body shock. Shifted some things on the calendar, and I'm happy to report I'm back on track!

So let's play catch-up!

Once I tracked the time I spent packing, lifting, and carrying (heavy) boxes up and down stairs and into and out of a truck, I'd earned more Weight Watchers activity points in one night of moving that I've ever earned in a whole week of working out!

After two nights of doing THAT instead of sleeping, I moved my rest day to Monday. I did NOTHING. I got a massage for my sore muscles, of which there were many, and I did a lot of lounging around. Aside from the pain, I enjoyed every moment of that lazy day.

Day 40 - Modified Good Feeling

But by Tuesday, I was back to the grind. The first time I attempted this workout, I made it 1.5 through instead of two full rounds. This time, I dropped the time interval to a 30 seconds work / 10 seconds rest split instead of the 50/10 I tried last time.

Very happy to report that I made it through TWICE! Woo! Even though the times are different, I'm marking this one in the WIN column!

I did the same modifications this time as the last time.

Day 41 - ZWOW #10

Today was a timed routine. As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes. I did 1 full round plus 100 skips, 20 reptile burpees, and 10 kettle bell jumps. I needed another minute to get two full rounds! Oh well, I've got something to strive for next time.

I don't feel bad at all. 1.) I sweat like a maniac and 2.) Zuzana only did 2.5 rounds which means I wasn't too far behind! Woo!

When I first started with these 10 minute routines, I was skeptical as to how much work I'd really be doing. My heart rate gets pretty high and I sweat a lot! I do push myself really hard, and I feel the burn, for sure!

I'm actually looking to get a heart rate monitor soon. Any suggestions?

Day 42 - Set Fire

Today was a 16 minute circuit and man are my thighs feeling this one!!!

No picture, but I'll give you the breakdown. 6 exercises, 4 rounds, a 30/10 split.

1. Mountain Jump Lunge (2 jump lunges and 2 mountain climbers counts as 1 set) – 5, 5, 5, 4

2. Sliding Push Ups – 6, 7, 8, 6

3. Mountain Jump Lunges – 5, 5, 5, 4

4. Crunch Scissors – 17, 15, 17, 14

5. Mountain Jump Lunges – 5, 4, 3, 3

6. Reverse Push Up & Knee Tuck – 14, 15, 13, 16

For the sliding push ups, crunch scissors, and reverse push up knee tuck, I did the modifications laid out in the video.

I'm still feeling great y'all! I really noticed how much my fitness has improved during the move when at 3am, I was the only one moving around with some pep in my step. I didn't have any caffeine or any other stimulants either. I ate a heaping bowl of pasta before I left to go help move and two slices of pizza during the 10 hours we were moving. Guilt free pizza consumption, I might add.

I never felt tired or cranky or irritable during the move. Of course, as soon as I stopped moving around 6:30am and went home, I was immediately sore and exhausted!

This unexpected move proved that what I've been doing this summer is definitely paying off. 42 days gone, 70 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment