Thursday, September 20, 2012

111 Days, 20 Pounds, and 12 Inches

Of the 111 days this project lasted, 83 were training days. That means I very nearly sweat the summer away. I couldn't be more proud of myself! The goal was 20lbs, and, amazingly, I hit it!!! Suffice it to say, Operation Sweaty Summer was a complete success.

I learned more than I could have imagined: about me, about the people I'm closest to, and about the sheer amount of BS "diet advice" one can find on the interwebz.

Full disclosure, I'm taking the rest of this month off. That may sound crazy, but I really want to give my body a break and some REAL time to recover. As it turns out, this is probably the best thing I can do for myself before I start the next phase. Read all about "A Full Diet Break" from Lyle McDonald.

I have packed workout gear to go on vacation with me, and I'm not opposed to doing some cardio (LISS - Low Intensity Steady State) just to ease my mind. I'm also going to bump my calorie intake to maintenance for the next 5 days. I'm doing that because I'm going on vacation, which is already stressful enough without double stressing over eating out.

Fret not, I'm still armed with my tracker, I'm not going totally off the wall!

I have been keeping progress pics, but I'm not ready to share yet. I've been sharing more and more as this journey progresses, and rest assured, there will be some final pics.

After my weigh and measure this morning, I'm honestly speechless. I think I surprised myself at the time I put into this project. At the same time, I feel like I should have EXPECTED a result like this. Operation Sweaty Summer marked the first period of singular focus since starting with Weight Watchers back in 2011. I ignored phone calls, started work later in the day, planned everything around working out: AND. IT. PAID. OFF!!!

I hope you'll forgive the brevity of this post. I've got to get ready for my road trip to my first Convention ever. A Supernatural Convention in Dallas. Honestly, there's so much I'd like to say, so many things I'd like to point out, and articles I'd like to share... So I hope you'll still be interested in my Operation Sweaty Summer wrap up next week when I return.

Before I hit the road,  A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT SENT ME MESSAGES OF SUPPORT OVER THE SUMMER!!! Some days, it was your messages that pulled me through when I wasn't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment