Friday, September 28, 2012

(((43,200,000 / 60) / 60) / 24) = 80

Now, my math skills aren't spectacular. And if you worked out the problem above, you may have reached 500 instead of 80.

We're both right, and here's why.

43,200,000 seconds is 720,000 minutes which is 12,000 hours which turns out to be 500 days. So where the hell does 80 come in to play? What the above equation is saying is that I lost 80lbs in 500 days. Why is this number significant? 500 days was my original time frame to lose 100lbs. Check out that explanation post here.

Sometimes it feels like I'm moving at a snail's pace, but I'm moving. Consistent forward progress for over 500 days now.

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that I'm making progress, not only because I'm losing pant sizes, but also because my mentality has changed. For example, when I went on vacation last October, I gained 9lbs. And more recently, in May, I gained 8lbs on that vacation. I was out of town for 5 days last week and DIDN'T GAIN A SINGLE POUND!!!

I didn't over indulge. I ate at maintenance calories instead of trying to stay to my caloric deficit. I enjoyed pizza, burgers, and beer... and never once felt guilty about what I was eating. I also never stressed over my meals. I never felt deprived either.

I'm in the midst of putting together my fall project. I'm weighing whether or not my expectations are realistic. Before anyone jumps down my throat for focusing on the numbers on the scale, let me remind you I'm still considered "morbidly obese" by the BMI scale. Though, when I first started I was in the level 3 morbidly obese category.

So, I focus on numbers because I still have a long way to go. In fact I'm still 30-45lbs away from being able to move out of the "Overweight" category. So when I get closer to those numbers, the scale will matter less and less. In the meantime, I need to set number goals for myself, but I have to be realistic.

I'd love to lose another 20lbs by New Year's, but that only gives me 13 weeks. I did it for Operation Sweaty Summer... Can lightning strike the same place twice?

Anyway, that's the update so far. Still tweaking fall numbers, still trying to come up with a fall project name. Be on the look out for all that info either Sunday or Monday.

By the way, I've had lots of people ask me all sorts of things... about which types of foods I eat, what kinds of weights I use, even where I get my workout pants from (Target!). I'm more than happy to talk to y'all about my journey! Ask me anything you want to know. The only thing I won't tell is my starting weight. That won't be revealed until I've reached my final goal!

I won't judge you. I won't push anything onto you. But if you're looking for someone to talk to about any of the things I mention on my blog, contact me! I'm happy to help in any way that I can. If you'd prefer to ask something anonymously, hmmm.... I have a Tumblr. You can ask anonymous questions there. My Tumblr is my way to fangirl about Supernatural... you've been warned, ha!

I have found talking with like-minded people on a regular basis has helped me tremendously. I read fitness articles every morning before I get out of bed. I want to give y'all the option to talk if you feel like you haven't found that outlet elsewhere.

Thanks for all the support too!!! I sure hope y'all will stick around for the next phase!

No comments:

Post a Comment