Sunday, September 2, 2012

August and My Baby Bicep Bump

The focus of August was progression. I had hoped to see more muscle definition as well. I've got some fun(ny) pics to share later, so keep reading!

I had been working on step 1 of Convict Conditioning for the push-up, leg raise, and bridge. At this point, I'm very close to finishing the 3rd progression of step 1! I'm up to 3 sets of 20 for each of those. As far as progression goes, I think August was excellent!

My push-ups are deeper. I'm still on modified push-ups, but I'm closer to boob-to-ground with each rep now. I know my form has gotten better because I can feel the movement in my upper back and shoulders in new places. I no longer need my wood block to do burpees. No more incline anything! Burpees, reptiles, and mountain climbers are all performed on the ground now. I can now do high knees while jumping rope. My coordination has improved dramatically since the beginning of the summer! I wasn't able to do this move before, but my longest, uninterrupted run, of high knee skips was 71!

I feel stronger. I still have a LONG way to go, but I can feel muscles in places I couldn't before. I have such a weird body type, but I'm chipping away. I'm convinced my determination and will power will eventually win out over "stubborn fat!"

My fit tests show all kinds of strength gains, which makes me so happy! The two biggest things from August were I finally hit the 75lbs lost milestone and I can squat my 172lb little brother. And since we're talking strength gains, my quads feel like solid rock! I even have some quad definition along the side of my leg! My hamstrings are getting stronger as well.

But the newest muscle to pop out is my bicep. Take a look!


There's a bicep there, I swear! It feels more impressive than it looks. (*snort-giggle*) Seriously, you can ask anyone who sees me in person. I make EVERYONE feel my bicep. I'm sure it's annoying, but I don't care, it's my baby! Did you miss the baby bump? Here it is again.


I'm not going to let anyone talk down to my baby bicep bump! I'm going to keep nurturing it until there's muscle visible without me flexing! Although, I do find myself stopped to flex every time I pass a mirror. I like to think of it as a side effect of a positive body image. Instead of shaking what my momma gave me, I'm flexing my sweat equity!

Like I mentioned on my September calendar, my body is tired. I'm very much looking forward to a bit of rest before starting my fall plan. The last day of Operation Sweaty Summer is September 19th, and I want to finish strong.

Thanks again, everyone, for all the support you send my way. It helps more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment