Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Beach Weekend and Back to the Grind

Had a walk scheduled for Saturday, but did a custom routine instead since I knew I'd be walking around sightseeing and playing in the waves.

To be completely honest, I ate terrible on Saturday. I allowed myself one day to just be in the moment. I tracked it all, cost a butt load of points, but I've got no regrets!

So let's catch up on the past few days, shall we?

On Saturday morning, I got up and did a custom routine. Rows, side bends, ball crunches, around the world, speed rotation, and overhead obliques. 50 seconds on, 10 seconds rest, twice through for 12 minutes of sweat!

Sunday, my eating wasn't too terrible. I hit 5 servings of fruit before we even checked out of the hotel at noon! Sunday and Monday were rest days. While Monday, I truly did NO activity, Sunday I did lots of heavy lifting (hey, the cooler was full of ice cold beer!).

I was tired when I woke up Tuesday morning, but I pushed through and wouldn't let myself have any excuses. But the first day back after vacation is always the hardest, anyone will tell you that!

Here's today's routine, and it was TOUGH! Took me 31:32.9. The twisting push-up move was difficult, to say the least! If Sharapova calls herself "a cow on ice," I am definitely "a hippo in quicksand!"

So it wasn't pretty, but I got it done! I modified the burpees and pendulums. I used a piece of wood that's about 12in high instead of being totally on the floor. It made a big difference for me. I didn't get the swimming of the head from standing too fast today. Will definitely keep that modification for future routines!

I'm feeling fresh and renewed after my beach weekend. I'm ready to finish June strong!

Bring it ON, Day 13!

No comments:

Post a Comment