Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 18 - If You Didn't Time It, Does It Still Count?

In looking at today's routine, my ego seemed to think this would be hella easy! Pfft, I'll be done in like 5 minutes, my Ego said. And silly me, I bought into it.

My Body, being the smartest of us all, put Me and my Ego in our place after the first round. Look who got the last laugh after all...

On the agenda for Day 18 was a 400 rep challenge: 4 rounds of 75 high knee skip ropes + 25 knee lifts.

The first thing Body taught Ego was that I'm incredibly uncoordinated, and high knees and a jump rope just weren't working. Dropped the high knees for 2 rounds of normal jump rope and 2 rounds of just high knees. The second thing Body taught Ego was just how difficult knee lifts are when you're 65% leg. Proportionate? Me? HA!

The original knee lifts were done with a dip station. As I don't have one of those, the alternate was lying on the floor lifting my legs. Lisa Marie told us in the video NOT to let our backs arch. Well, being 65% leg, that's a lot of body weight to move about! My range of motion for this move is laughable.

If you think my 65% is an exaggeration, you've never met me.

Here are my numbers:
205 skips (jump rope)
200 high knees
100 knee lifts

The numbers are high because I did half a round with the timer off. Oops. I did everything an extra time figuring if it wasn't recorded, then it didn't happen.

After I completed my 4 rounds, I did some nice, long stretches. Today was a quickie, but I feel damn good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment