Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Days 3, 4, and 5

Yesterday, I fell off the ball... literally.

Here was workout #1 for Day 3. You see that last one, the "swiss ball knee raise?" Yea, I didn't really think that one through before I wrote it down.

You see, unless you have either arms of steel or a balance bar at just the right level, this move does not work. When I first tried it, I fell right off that damn ball. So I paused my timer, laughed at my clumsiness, put the ball away, and just did knee raises off the floor. It's pretty much the same routine but your core isn't as active because you don't have to worry about balance.

As for workout #2, my BFF and I walked 4.5 miles. Remember how I told you she's only 5'3"? Well, our normal 4.5 mile time is 85 minutes. Yesterday we walked it in 82. Woo! It was also a ton of fun because we laughed about Supernatural the entire way.

As for today, Day 4, it was a rest day!!! I stayed in bed until 10am! It was glorious! My legs finally loosened up, but as the day went on, my abs started to hurt from workout 1 of yesterday's 2-a-day.

I enjoyed my day of rest. I've got 4 full steam ahead days to look forward to, then my beach weekend! It's supposed to rain this weekend. Hoping that'll make for some big waves on the Texas coast so I can put my boogie board to good use. Haven't used it since I lived in LA.

5 days down, 25 to go for June. I've already got some great stuff lined up for my July calendar too. Stick with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment