Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 21 - BOOM!

Originally had a walk scheduled as the second workout for today, but had to move the walk to Saturday. Which meant today was the first time I'd done two BodyRock.TV routines back to back.

I pushed myself, I sweat (a lot), and I did more reps on the interval workout and finished the timed one more than 5 minutes faster than the last time I'd done the routine!

Here's what I did...


The first routine is a custom combo that I put together that works the upper body and abs. The only change to this first one is I used a heavier weight for "around the world." I used 5lb weights instead of the 2.5lbs that I had been using. I know, 2.5lbs, really? Haha, I laugh at myself. My upper body is my weakest area, so I'm working to get it stronger! For the rest of the routine, I use 5lbs for the rows, 5lbs overhead obliques, and a 25lb dumbbell for the side bends.

The second routine was a workout I'd done for the first time earlier this month. This go round was faster because I knew what to expect and I had more balance. I used 5lbs weights on the low jack press, an 8lb kettle bell on the single arms lunges, and a 25lb dumbbell on the fireman's lift.

I was tired by round 3 on the second routine. All I kept thinking was how much I wanted to just sit down and breathe. But I told myself, out loud, to push through. I didn't say it nicely, but I'll spare you the profanity. ;) I was miserable the last 7 minutes! But once I stopped the timer and sprawled out on the floor, I felt great. I DID IT!

Got another double routine lined up for tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment