Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 7 - Modifications

Did a time trial today, another in the BodyRock Lite series. Check it out here.

Originally had a 3 mile walk planned as my second workout today, but shortened it. Honestly, I don't know how far I walked, but there were some high knees involved since we were walking through grass and other brush. While the pace was slower than normal, it was still 40 minutes of serious trailblazing!

Check out my numbers for the 415 rep challenge!

1) 100 Sumo Squats & High Knee –  Using 8lb Medicine Ball

2) 100 Side Steps (50 Each Side)

3) 100 left Leg Bridge

4) 100 Right Leg Bridge

5) 15 Push-Ups & Plank Hold (- for the count of 10)

Split this into 4 rounds, 25 reps each (4 each on the push-up plank). That first round reads 7:31.4, image got cut off.

On the 5 min rounds, I used a bridge alternate that Lisa laid out in the video. So I did 100 sumo squats and high knees, 100 side steps, 50 left and 50 right leg bridges, alternated with 75 pelvic thrusts, and 15 push-up plank holds.

The first two were easy to get the hang of. The bridges and planks were tough!

Tomorrow is a weigh in, I hope it's good! I only do measurements once a month, so won't have an inch loss count until July.

The first week is in the books! I've actually surprised myself at how much I look forward to these routines. I was embarrassed to put my numbers up at first, but I'm over it now. The important thing is I'm doing this and documenting it. I look forward to going through these routines again at the end of the summer and absolutely CRUSHING all these beginner numbers.

If you're wondering, "Does everything have to be a competition?" Yes. Yes it does. And I'm gonna kick my own ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment